Sunday, August 7, 2011

My First Marimo!!!

I Finally bought my Marimo!!!^^ After all the researches I made and the info from friends, I managed to have my First Marimo^^

Forgot to say, Marimo literally means seaweed ball. It is a species of filamentous green algae that grow into large green balls with a velvet like appearance, also known as Cladophora ball, Lake ball, and, in some cases Moss Balls. It needs to grow under a 30C degree of water and grow 5mm per year. My marimo's diameter is about 5cm^^ So it's about 10 years old!!!
This my Marimo^^

[Marimo]

[Top-view]

[Floating Marimo^^]

[After water are squeezed out from Marimo]

[Close-up view]

[I added 2 Neon Tetras and 1 Otocinclus to accompany my marimo~]

[DOMO: Why this grass round in shape???? *blur*]

[I love this Pic^^]


[My marimo~]

This is the link for purchasing Marimo online, the new batch is coming next week. If you are interested pls tell me so that I can help you order.

2 comments:

  1. never know got such thing tim... "Gu lou gua wen" me... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems very nice!
    哈哈
    你毕业了这些东西应该很难拿
    不过读书也会更加有MOOD哦!

    ReplyDelete

★Feel Free To Click It~Thanks...★