Friday, April 2, 2010

Baby Hamsters

Today is April 2, 2010. My hamster GAVE BIRTH yesterday!!! Woohooo~~~Around 7.09pm, when I'm giving comments on FB, my room mate found that it's delivering pups...But it gave birth in the color tubes, so I can't see the process clearly...

After that, I got some useful info from my friend, Jerome, about how to take care of the babies...Thanks a lot...Hehe^^ At first, I thought the hamster will eat those freshly borne pups, however, I found that the hamster father was actually taking care its babies very carefully, hugging them and sleep with them...

Though the father will not harm the pups, but I still separated it from the mother and babies. This is because normally after a female gave birth, it will enter the season for copulation(mating) immediately. To prevent any unwanted "accident", I separated the father from its spouse and children, I know it's a bit cruel. If I didn't isolate the male hamster, then I will have a lot of more hamsters next month, because dwarf hamsters take only 16 days to gave birth. Hence, controlling the birth is important.(Because I don't have enough space to rear them!)

These are the pictures that I took today...Hehehe^^

[This is their house!!!]

[The mother is gathering wood shaves to cover its so-called room]

[The babies(pups) are sleeping in their nest]

[Roof removed, can observe clearer]

[Baby Hamsters]

[The babies look a bit like aliens...=.=And they looks so tiny and fragile]

[Zoom in!!! Their eyes yet to open and their fur]

[The mother is taking care of its babies...SweeT~]

[This is how the father is separated from them...(but they still can see each other)]

Proudly present you all~

[FATHER,Dwarf Winter White Russian Hamster]
[Colour: Normal, dark brownish-grey coloring]

[MOTHER, Dwarf Winter White Russian Hamster]
[Colour: Sapphire, blue-grey coloring]

[RELATIVES, Dwarf Winter White Russian Hamster]
[Colour: Pearl, white with coloured hair]
[Its colour will turn into pure white under a cold environment!!!]

[Video of baby hamsters] Enjoy~

I will try to post more of their growing pictures on my blog these few weeks...Hehe^^

Anyway, back to my life, I'm still dieting...Today is the second day, still "OKAY" *COUGHS*. I realized that THE MOST TORTURING part is, looking at your friends having their sumptuous in front of you, ARGHH!!!

I ate vege for my dinner only, quite healthy and tasty... I like it! I try to slim myself down within this week, so that I can fit in my formal wear for the presentation next week...=.=

My current weight: Not sure
Target weight : 64.0kg
Duration of dieting: 1 week
No. of days to go : 6 days

PS: Bibi, I enjoyed a lot for today's "Yum cha" session...Muackss~I think we should go out more...Hehe^^



Daily Homemade Diet Shakes:

[The Witch's Broomstick Shake]

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of ice cold skim milk.
  • 1 Chic-o-Stick (260 calories)
  • 1 Tablespoon of butterscotch morsels, if you want. (70 calories)
  • 1~3 packets of Splenda or Equal if extra sweetness is desired
  • Ice cubes
Procedure:

Step [1]: Blend all ingredients until they become thick and frothy.

Step [2]: Pour them into chilled glasses.

Step [3]: [The Witch's Broomstick Shake] is ready to be serve!

Note:
  1. Serves 3 for about 125 calories each.
  2. The morsels will add a buttery flavor to your broom.
  3. Morsels are a great way to enjoy a quick, energizing treat without blowing your diet. Simply measure out a teaspoon or tablespoon and enjoy, one sweet morsel at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

★Feel Free To Click It~Thanks...★